My final Global Scholar reflection :(

Our time as Global Scholars has come to a close! What a unique and special experience. 

We learned many hard and soft skills during our time in the cohort. Most notably, we wrote a grant proposal, and that experience can be translated to so many others. The extensive writing, communicating, and planning involved applies to so many pieces of life. The routine blog posts proved more impactful than tedious, but I never quite got better about posting on time. Regardless, I think the forced reflection was good for both global understanding and personal growth. 

The most valuable piece about my GS experience was working with peers whom I haven't interacted with in other settings. I loved learning, working, and being with the cohort. I'll miss their perspectives and the small interactions we have around that table. And, Mr. Caragher and Ms. Diederich were nothing short of supportive. They had high expectations for us which I think was necessary. I'm thrilled that I got to work with them during my senior year. 

This blog certainly serves as a time-capsule for my time as a Global Scholar, but going forward, I hope to continue engaging with global news and issues. I hope to keep up to date with the Wall Street Journal "World" section and also continue my nightly PBS Newshour viewings.

Thank you to everyone who made Global Scholars what it was. Peace :)

Comments

Popular Posts