Capstone Presentation Takeaways!

    During Community Time in the Library, Ella and I took 20 minutes to explain our work as Global Scholars. As Ms. Diederich videotaped, around 20 students listened to us talk about Period Poverty and I Am A Girl. In reflecting on the presentation, I have two main takeaways.
    First, it felt odd to compress the hours and effort put in by both Ella and I into one 7-slide presentation. We emitted key details - like how we're already meeting with Miranda or why we decided to make the pamphlets - in order to keep our presentation concise. There was no other way to present, I think, but at the same time, I feel a bit sad to think that the 20 minutes covered everything we did this year. Of course, though, I know what I accomplished personally and in my group, so the satisfaction is certainly still there. 
    Second, I am so glad to have chosen a topic that I loved. If I were to redo the year, I would choose the same topic. It's accessible and relevant yet surprisingly narrow enough to craft a project around. I loved working with I Am A Girl, and I hope those relationships will last both for me and for Poly. 
    Lastly, one piece of advice for the incoming Global Scholars! Take time to choose your project, and then proceed through the Global Scholars process with intention. I feel as if there were times when I could have and should have put in more effort or been more attentive. I feel bad, but I know that the experience was worth it regardless. 

Comments

Popular Posts