Looking forward to Global Scholars 2021-2022

 I was in the 9th grade at Poly when I attended my first Global Scholars event. I believe it was on homelessness in the Greater Los Angeles area. It's where I first understood Gentrification, especially as it related to my area and my life here. 

There I was, as a little Freshman, sitting in Garland listening to a fascinating presentation. I decided then that I would consciously try to take Global Scholars by selecting electives that fit the requirements. 

My sister, then, decided to add a second language to qualify for Global Scholars. Our family is beyond fascinated by the offerings of the Global Scholars program. Last year, Dr. Claire Jarashaw provided essential information on Covid tracking. I learned about foreign affairs under the Biden administration. Sure, most people are able to get some of the information from the internet or newspapers, but I talked to a real professional through the GIP. 

Here I am, now, about to start my Global Scholars journey. I am excited to create a program that some Freshman will see and be excited about. I am excited to share my global interests with not only the cohort but also parents and the student body. 



Comments

Popular Posts